Welcome to today’s scroll, which will be a DIY tutorial on how to build a cement wood stove for crafters. Cement may be used to make a variety of items, including home decorations, flower vases, and pots, but the most recent preoccupation has been building stoves!
This tiny project will be a lot of fun to work on and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. It’s well worth your time to get involved in projects like this one.
From the ingredients to the instructions, you’ll find everything you need for this craft in the paragraphs below. There’s a lot of work to be done, so get your hands dirty!
Cement Wood Stove
The stove is made comprised of a standing support, a wood-burning fireplace, and a burner.
Materials you will need:
2 Plastic buckets
1 Plastic bin
Small hand shovel
Instructions for the building process:
1. Build the standing support by pouring cement in a rounded plastic bucket, make it all smooth, lastly add a rounded Styrofoam piece. Let it dry!
2. Wrap the holes of the plastic bin with tape all around.
3. Pour a small amount of cement into the bin and spread it all around the bin creating a thin layer of cement finally add a rounded Styrofoam piece at the bottom. It has to be smaller than the base of the bin!
4. Get 4 Styrofoam cubes and add at the sides evenly leaving space in between!
5. Add cement into the spaces and arrange steel sticks leaving space between one another just like a cooling rack!
6. Add a rounded plastic bucket with no end over the steel sticks and fill it in with sand to add weight to the sticks.
7. Insert a Styrofoam piece to one side and then wrap the plastic bucket with a metal mesh all around!
8. After it has dried well, empty the plastic bucket in the middle and remove it!
9. Remove the tape around the plastic bin and turn the bin upside down. Pour hot water over the plastic bin and remove it from the stove.
10. Remove the thin layers of cement using a spatula by breaking the cement until you see the steel sticks!
11. Remove the cubed and the rounded pieces of Styrofoam!
12. Bring the stove and the standing support together and lit the stove in fire!
13. Add a cooking rack atop the burner and you’re ready to cook dinner!
This DIY cement wood idea is the perfect thing to do if you desperately need a stove for the outdoors! Watch the detailed instructions in the video above!